Welcome to Teamcore
We have multiple Postdoctoral Fellow positions in Harvard Computer Science, starting September 2020. A complete application will include: (a) Applicant's curriculum vitae; (b) A pointer to a web page that lists the applicant's research papers and research interests; (c) Three letters of reference; please ask the letter writers to directly email the references. Applicants should get all items emailed to Milind Tambe (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Teamcore group's roots are in Artificial Intelligence (AI). Our research in the past decade and longer has focused on "AI for social good", covering topics such as but not limited to: (i) AI for protection of forests, fish and wildlife; (ii) AI for public health; (iii) AI for public safety. We focus on fundamental research problems in computational game theory, machine learning, automated planning, intelligent agents and multiagent interactions that are driven by these topics, ensuring a virtuous cycle of research and real-world applications. Examples of research driven by real-world problems include algorithms that enable influence maximization in social networks under dynamism and uncertainty, challenges of learning and handling bounded rationality models of human (adversary) behavior from real-world data, solving massive scale games uncertainty, and others.
Our research is in real world use in the form of decision aids to assist Governmental and Non-Governmental Organizations. A key example is the PAWS AI system developed by our team that has been deployed in collaboration with wildlife conservation agencies to assist rangers around the world in protecting endagered wildlife. Other examples include research in collaboration with NGOs for improving maternal health care outcomes, for HIV prevention, TB prevention and others. Previous work included systems deployed for public safety and security at airports or ports, e.g., the PROTECT system deployed by the US Coast Guard in a number of ports nationwide for planning effective randomized patrols, IRIS by the Federal Air Marshals service.
EC20: AI for Public Health & Conservation: Learning and Planning
Using AI for Social Good – Milind Tambe | Lecture Series on AI
ABC7 Interview COVID-19 modeling
- Great initiative! t.co/igDO2UZsN3
- Interested in joining @Harvard Center for Research on Computation & Society @hcrcs as a postdoctoral fellow for acad year 2021-22? Key areas of interest incl computing for public health & conservation. To apply (Deadline Dec 1): t.co/XsGPGD7CGG
- Amazing talk today by @StefanoErmon today on Measuring Economic Development from Space with Machine Learning @HCRCS AI for Social Impact seminar series. Recording here: t.co/rs7or7gYib (along with the other talks in the series so far!)
- The New York TImes: "It’s Kitchen Sink Time’: Fast, Less-Accurate Coronavirus Tests May Be Good Enough"
- The Hill: "US urged to consider cheaper, faster COVID-19 tests to contain outbreaks"
- Science: "Radical shift in COVID-19 testing needed to reopen schools and businesses, researchers say"
- Time: "America Needs to Radically Rethink Our COVID-19 Testing Approach"
- The New York Times: "We Made a Mistake With Masks. Now It Could Be Tests"
- BBC "People fixing the world", June 2020: How tech is tackling wildlife trafficking