Gordon McKay Professor of Computer Science and Director of the Center for Research in Computation and Society (CRCS) at Harvard University.
Director, AI for Social Good at Google Research India.
Maxwell Dworkin 125, SEAS
33 Oxford Street, Cambridge, MA 02138
- EC'20 starts *tomorrow*, will run until *July* 22 (t.co/b1FvlQ1bnI) - online, with a nominal registration fee. Barrier to participation is *extremely* low: sign up even if you're interested in just a few papers & events, and please let your colleagues know. Don't miss it!
- Looking forward to it @aamas2021 #AAMAS2021, in person! I also see the early deadline: Paper submission09 Oct 2020 t.co/SopTbJAesr
- This so gladdens my researcher's heart! My NGO @armmanindia's first paper from the wonderful collaboration with @MilindTambe_AI, Harvard Prof & Director, #AIforSocialGood at @GoogleResearch, India & @iitmadras on using AI to improve maternal health outcomes. A pilot has commenced t.co/EVl8TfM0Xw
Research and Awards
Teaching and Service
Selected News Stories
- BBC "People fixing the world", June 2020: How tech is tackling wildlife trafficking
- Forbes, June 2020: 10 Wonderful Examples Of Using Artificial Intelligence (AI) For Good
- KNX 1070, Los Angeles, News Radio Interview, May 2020 (4 minutes): What is the right strategy to limit the spread of COVID-19?
- ABC 7, WJLA, Washington DC interview, May 2020: COVID-19 Agent-based Modeling and Simulation
- Harvard University news and Events, May 2020: What is the right strategy to limit the spread of COVID-19?
- Nature Asia, April 2020: Model finds 'middle ground' for India's lockdown exit
- The Daily Beast, April 2020: New Model Shows How Deadly Lifting Georgia’s Lockdown May Be
- Harvard University news and Events, February 2020: Coding for uncertainty increases security
- Financial Times, November 2019: Science v poachers: how tech is transforming wildlife conservation
- The Harvard Crimson, September 2019: New Computer Science Professor Milind Tambe Aims for Social Impact
- BBC World Service, Newsday, August 2019: Using Technology to Take on Poachers
- Viterbi Magazine, April 2019: AI Is For Animals - Software Created By USC Viterbi’s Milind Tambe To Thwart Poachers Could Soon Be Deployed As Part Of The Smart Platform In Up To 600 Protected Areas Worldwide
- AAAI Conference Analytics, January 2019: Who are the most-cited scholars of all time by AAAI papers?
- USC Annenberg Media, November 2018: Artificial intelligence helps wildlife rangers combat poaching
- USC News, August 2018: How artificial intelligence can help us eat better
- IJCAI, July 2018: Milind Tambe Receives IJCAI 2018 John McCarthy Award
- USC Viterbi School of Engineering, May 2018: USC Center for AI in Society Seeks to Reduce Military Suicides
- PC Magazine, April 2018: How AI Can Outsmart Criminals and Improve Society
- VentureBeat, March 2018: AI could help fight the spread infectious disease around the world
- HealthData Management, February 2018: USC algorithm could reduce spread of infectious diseases
- The Tribune, February 2018: New AI system may help check TB spread in India
International Joint Conference on AI John McCarthy Award lecture
[2018, 45 min]
Washington Post: AI and Ethics
[2018, 31 min]
CAIS: AI to assist homeless youth (Best Video, AAAI'17 video competition) (episode 1) [2017, 4 min]